Sunday, September 4, 2011

choose your OWN adventure.

Did you think I would miserably fail and wallow in self pity? Me tooooo! But to both our surprise, I didn't! hahaHA! ha. Take that doubters. 


I've recently realized that I need to decide what I want in life. (i.e. what school, what career, what goals, what desires and so on). Well I've been sort of luckier than most, because I have always known certain things that I want. This list seems to have a range from specificity to more generalizations. A lot of them are what most people would want but some are the wants that keep me more unique. And even within the last year, I've seen certain wants make room for others to be added on regularly. I've also seen some wants that I thought were at the top of my list, be replaced by bigger aspirations. Change is inevitable with my "wants" list. 


So now that the big 1-9 has entered my life, I've needed to make some pretty heavy decisions. What do I really want? I ask myself that everyday not even kidding. It's actually quite the adventure. And I've learned some really important things along the way. 
including:


-Wisdom is gained just as much through failure as it is through success
- Stay committed, but be openminded. 
- Accept challenges, don't settle. 
- Serve others, build them up. 

and most importantly...

- Choose your own adventure


Well, I think I have my wants in a pretty steady place right now. It's time to chase them. 
My adventure awaits. 


"All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare." Baruch Spinoza