Friday, May 27, 2011

taming the bicycle.

As May comes to a close, I'd thought I'd share my joy for bicycles. After all, May is National Bicycle Month. 
I love Bicycles, particularly Beach Cruisers. Have I ridden one on the beach? Well.. no, but I do have a lovely one that (except for the vicious ride up my hill) brings me happiness. Bikes are the coolest aren't they? I've always loved bikes. Okay that was a lie. We have a love-hate relationship. It all happened in the 5th grade and a little bike accident left me to wear this disgusting cloth around my head for 5 months. I looked like an idiot! After those "tragic" times, I gradually learned to love bicycles again. 
Phew! 

Now, I can't get enough! So just for this month and for all you bike lovers, here are some interesting facts about bikes.
There are so many pros to having a bike. See above.



It's cool to ride a bike with a mustache. And wear tees with this guy riding a bicycle on it. Duh.


                                                                                    It's cool to put these pins on your book bag as a fashion statement. 

If you are a pug head, it's cool to ride one. 

If I were a painter, I'd paint bikes.

If I only knew back then. But I'm an idiot

If I were an owl. I'd ride a bike. 


Bikes beat motorcycles. Look at that speedster. I always wondered how to get on one of those. 













Oldie bikes like this are what is cool in life. 



Basically, what I'm trying to say is... bicycles are cool. So I will celebrate by riding my bicycle. 
Happy National Bicycle Month
May you have many chances to ride your bicycle this summer. 

Some people say that the bicycle needs taming. Riding is a dangerous adventure. But where's the fun without one? The best way to sum this up is in the words of Mark Twain. 
"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
Taming the Bicycle.